Updated: Oct 22, 2019
Air Brigade members won big at the Euro Auto Festival held in Greenville, SC on Saturday, October 19, 2019. The EURO is one of the biggest all-European auto festivals on the East Coast. Over 400 European cars participate in the event with over 12 air-cooled Porsches competing.
Air Brigade members participating included:
· Charlie Hickey – 1972 Porsche 911T Targa
· TD King – 1989 Porsche Carrera Anniversary Edition
· Rob Cart – 1957 Porsche 356A Coupe
· Jim Phillips – 1958 Porsche 356A Speedster
· Jeremy Montgomery – 1987 Porsche 930 and 1974 Porsche 914
· Joe Esposito – 1972 911E
· Carl von Schummer – Showed his water cooled 1999 Porsche 996 Cab but is a member with his 1978 Porsche 911SC
It was a drizzly day but reports are that the crowds were strong and enjoying the classic Porsches on display.
Based on the numbers of air-cooled Porsches on the show field that are not Air Brigade members a bigger recruiting job is needed to make owners aware of the community.
Air Brigade Winners included:
POR1: Jim Phillips and his 1958 Porsche 356A Speedster
POR2: Charlie Hickey and his 1972 Porsche 911T Targa
914 Class: Jeremy Montgomery and his 1974 Porsche 914
The POR3 winner was a 1989 Porsche Speedster with one family ownership from new. The original owner father has now passed it on to his son who was showing it at the EURO. It was a nice example of a Speedster in Guards Red in contrast to the silver normally seen on a Porsche Speedster.
Congratulations to all the winners, but especially to the Air Brigade members who won and showed their Classic Porsches that help make the EURO such a large east coast show based here in the Southeast.